About Dr. Ashok J Bharucha
Dr. Ashok J. Bharucha, MD, MA, is a Geriatric Psychiatrist at Transformations Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry, P.C., a South Abington Township, Pennsylvania-based private practice. Dr. Ashok J. Bharucha is a dementia and late-life disorders specialist with extensive training in adult and geriatric psychiatry, as well as in the management of conditions at the interface of neurology, medicine, and psychiatry. He strives to achieve the best possible outcomes for his patients by combining pharmacology (psychoactive medications) and psychotherapy (talk therapy).
As the director of Transformations Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry, Dr. Ashok J. Bharucha seeks to build a collaborative therapy connection with each patient that not only improves their sense of well-being but also helps them realize their full potential. His services consist of:
- Gerontological psychiatry
- Psychology of adults (for patients 18 and older)
- Psychopharmacology (medication management)
- Psychological evaluation
Dr. Ashok J. Bharucha, MD, MA, addresses a variety of ailments and provides individualized therapy for people suffering with:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder and associated conditions
- Depressive disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Schizophrenia spectrum diseases
- Stress and trauma-related disorders
- Sleep disorders
- If cognitive testing is available to confirm a diagnosis of ADHD,
- Psychiatric/medical diseases
- Psychiatric illnesses of old age
- Neurocognitive diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, are prevalent.
Dr. Ashok J. Bharucha is considered as a kind, thoughtful, and conscientious physician who tailors each therapy to the unique requirements of each patient. Dr. Ashok J. Bharucha, an experienced adult and geriatric psychiatrist, looks forward to giving patients with the therapy and support they require to continue their journeys of self-discovery.